South Orange, New Jersey – The Seton Hall Pirates will host the Xavier Musketeers at Owen T. Carroll Field on Saturday night. Kick-off is set for 6:56 p.m. and will air on BEDN on FloSports.
Home matches are free and open to the public. If you enter a building on campus, per the university’s current mandate for indoor masks, all persons (vaccinated and unvaccinated) are required to wear a mask in all indoor, non-residential and academic institutions. on campus, except when alone or at a restaurant.
The Pirates last fell at home to number one Georgetown Hoyas on Wednesday 4-2. In the 18th minute, the Hoyas broke through when Zach Rivière snatched a point-blank shot that the Pirates keeper Andreas Nota was able to stop initially, but Riviere was able to block the rebound and score the game’s opening tally. Just under four minutes later, the Hoyas scored again this time from Joe DaLuz’s foot with an assist for Sean Zawadzki. The Hoyas managed to score two more goals before halftime, one from Will Sands and the other from Daniel Wu to break the lead.
At the end of the second half, CJ Tibbling (Jarna, Sweden) took a pass from Andrea Borg (Sliema, Malta) in the Hoya area where Tibling fired a shot past Hoya’s goalie and into the back of the net to put the Pirates on the board. Less than two minutes later, Tibbling counted again. Borg sent a pass from the side near the area at the foot of Raz Amir (Israel) who crossed a ball that found Tibbling’s header to halve Hoya’s lead, where she would stay, 4-2.
SCOUTING – Xavier (7-4-0, 1-3-0)
- The Mousquetaires have just claimed their first BIG EAST victory of the season with a 2-1 road victory at Marquette on Wednesday. Justus Kauppinen and Cameron Phillips scored for Xavier in the win.
- Karsen Henderlong leads the team offensively with 12 points on five goals and an assist.
- Matthew Rosenberg took every minute in front of the net for Xavier with 20 saves and an average of 0.82 in 11 games.
- The Musketeers lead the all-time streak 6-1-0, winning each of the previous three encounters with the Pirates.
NEWS AND NOTES
- CJ Tibbling scored twice for Seton Hall the last time against Georgetown. For Tibbling, it was his 16th and 17th as a pirate. The multi-goal game was Tibbling’s third of his career and the first since the 2018 season.
- At the head of the GRAND EST and 30th in the country with 15 points at the head of the team, Johannes pex converted his second and third shots on goal of the season last time at Fordham, earning him a spot on the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll. The tally for Pex was only 62 seconds apart and was his second career multi-goal game with his first game in last season’s opener at NJIT. Pex also scored twice and collected an assist in wins over Delaware and NC State, earning the honor of BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week (9/6). The junior was also named to College Soccer News’ National Team of the Week. Pex was also selected for the conference’s weekly honor roll after his three assists against NJIT (9/10).
- 13 different Pirates have now found the back of the net this season with 30 assists from 24 goals in total. Hall had tally of 12 different players last season.
- As of October 7, The Hall currently ranks 14th in the country and second in BIG EAST in total goals (24). The Pirates are also at the top of the conference and fifth in the country for total assists (30).
- The Pirates were selected second in the BIG EAST conference preseason coaches poll as the defending BIG EAST champions received 93 points, including three votes for first place. Georgetown took first place in the poll, edging the Pirates by just five points while Creighton, the third team selected, had 74 points.
- CJ Tibbling was selected as the conference preseason co-offensive player of the year and was unanimously selected for the All-BIG EAST preseason squad. Tibbling comes out of a 2020 All-America Second Team Selection as well as All-BIG EAST First Team Honors. On the offensive side, Tibbling led the Pirates with seven goals and 17 points this season in addition to three assists. With his seven goals, Tibbling placed second in the GREATER EAST and 20th nationally in goals scored.
- Luca Dahn was honored as the BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year and secured a spot on the All-BIG EAST preseason squad. Dahn received a 2020 All-America Second Team Selection as well as All-BIG EAST First Team Honors. In his first year in a Seton Hall uniform, Dahn recorded over 1,500 minutes for The Hall and was on the pitch for almost nine minutes throughout the campaign. Although he lines up as a center-back, Dahn has also scored twice for The Hall while registering 12 shots on goal, the team’s second best.
New for 2021-2022, all PSN and BEDN events that are produced on campus will be distributed on FloSports, one of the world’s leading streaming services. Special Seton Hall rates are only available through this link for fans who wish to subscribe to watch Seton Hall events, at home and away, as well as all other events live on the FloSports platform. . Fans with a .edu school address can purchase a membership for $ 6.99 per month, and all other fans can purchase a membership for $ 12.50 per month. The price excluding Seton Hall on FloSports is normally $ 29.99 per month.
The link to watch all of Seton Hall’s men’s football matches can be found here.